"Website Test Drive" Official Rules
FAIRWINDS Credit Union "Website Test Drive" Official Rules
March 15 – March 31, 2010
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the FAIRWINDS Credit Union Orlando Website Test Drive Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to individuals 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of FAIRWINDS Credit Union and their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term "immediate family members" includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
- How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, March 15 and end at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
FAIRWINDS Online Entry: Visit www.fairwinds.org to complete an online entry. Each online entry should include your name, address, phone number, and email address.
Mail-In Entry: To enter the "Sweepstakes" send a 3 x 5 card with your first and last name, address, daytime and evening telephone numbers, and email address to:
FAIRWINDS Credit Union
"Website Test Drive Sweepstakes"
135 W. Central Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32801
Entry Deadline: All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 to be considered eligible.
FAIRWINDS will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
- Winner Selection. One winner will be chosen at random around March 25 and one winner will be chosen at random around April 1, 2010.
- Prizes and Odds. Prize: Two (2) winners will each receive one personal notebook computer. Computers have been selected by FAIRWINDS and may not be substituted for another prize.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified by telephone around 4:30 p.m. for each day of the Sweepstakes. FAIRWINDS will call the winner up to five times that day and the following business day during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner during these calls may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of substitute winner. Winner will be required to visit FAIRWINDS Credit Union, located at 135 W. Central Blvd, Orlando, FL 32801, in person, during regular business hours within fifteen (15) days of being notified to claim prizes by providing proof of eligibility for prize (including Drivers License, State ID, passport) won and completing and signing an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release. Failure of Winner to timely visit FAIRWINDS Credit Union’s corporate office in person and sign and return any required affidavits and releases, or to claim a prizes or comply with any term or conditions of these Official Rules, will result in drawing Winner’s disqualifications and the forfeitures of his or her interest in the prizes. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winners. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and not claimed by eligible winner in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor(s).
- Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes judges including publication of name, biographical information, and likeness, including photos. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
- Sponsor. The FAIRWINDS Website Test Drive Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by FAIRWINDS Credit Union ("Sponsor"), whose decisions regarding all aspects of the Sweepstakes may be changed at anytime. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact FAIRWINDS Website Test Drive Sweepstakes Info, c/o FAIRWINDS Credit Union, 135 W. Central Blvd., Suite 1230, Orlando, FL 32801.
What is a Routing Number?
FAIRWINDS' routing number (263181368) is used to identify FAIRWINDS Credit Union from other financial institutions and in no way identifies you or your accounts to others.
A routing transit number (RTN) is a nine digit bank code, used in the United States, to facilitate the sorting, bundling, and shipment of paper checks back to the drawer's (check writer's) account.
The RTN is also used by Federal Reserve Banks to process Fedwire funds transfers, and by the Automated Clearing House (ACH) to process direct deposits, bill payments, and other such automated transfers.
What can I do with my Relationship Rewards points?
Relationship Rewards provide you the opportunity to enjoy special member benefits including:
- Buying down the interest rate on a loan.
- Increasing your rate on a new CD.
- Reducing service charges on additional products and services.
How do I send or receive a wire?
To send a wire from FAIRWINDS, please provide the following:
- Name, address and routing number of financial institution receiving the wire
- Account number for the receiving account
- Name and address of receiving account holder
There is a $20.00 service charge for an outgoing domestic wire from a personal account and a $25.00 service charge for an outgoing wire from a business account.
To receive a wire at the credit union, you will need to provide the following:
- FAIRWINDS routing number (263-181-368)
- Name of account holder
- FAIRWINDS account number to receive the funds
There is a $10.00 service charge for an incoming domestic wire to a personal account and $15.00 service charge for an incoming wire to a business account.
*Please verify this information with the receiving financial institution as there may be an intermediary financial instititution involved.
When should I expect my 5498-ESA tax forms?
5498-ESA tax forms will be mailed by April 30th for all Coverdell Educational Savings Account owners who made contributions and/or rollovers into their ESA's in 2011.
5498 and 5498-SA tax forms will be mailed in mid-May for all Traditional, SEP, and Roth IRA owners and Health Savings Account owners who made contributions and/or rollovers into their IRA's and HSA's in 2011.
For questions regarding the 5498 forms please call Member Services at 407-277-5045 or visit your local branch.
When should I expect my tax forms?
FAIRWINDS mails 1099-INT and 1098 tax forms at the end of January. However, if you have e-Statements, these tax forms are available online right now!
Learn more here.
Members will only receive a 1099-INT form if the aggregate earnings amongst the accounts they are tax reported for (the primary owner) have earned at least $10 in interest.
These accounts include:
Savings, checking, money market, certificates of deposit, and US Bonds Redeemed, but do not include IRA accounts. If members have not earned at least $10 in interest, they will not receive a 1099-INT form.
Members will only receive a 1098 Mortgage Interest Statement if they paid $600 or more in interest on their mortgage.
FAIRWINDS mails 1099-R, 1099-Q, 1099-SA, and FMV/RMD statements to members by January 31st each year. We also mail 5498, 5498-SA, and 5498 ESA forms to members by the end of May.
Important information for all MasterCard® and VISA® credit and debit card holders.
You may have seen news stories recently about a potential data breach with MasterCard® and VISA® through a third-party payment processor. While there is no indication that any FAIRWINDS members have been impacted by this event, it is an opportunity to remind all consumers about the importance of being diligent, safeguarding your personal information and monitoring your accounts on a regular basis to minimize the effects of fraud.
Take the few extra steps to proactively protect your accounts. If you believe your credit or debit card information is at risk or unauthorized transactions have posted to your account, contact your financial institution immediately. In addition, you may want to consider looking into an identity theft alert program to keep you informed of activity on your accounts. There are many reputable programs available, including ID Secure. Click here to learn more.
There is an active texting scam occurring in the Central Florida area.
People are receiving a text at random stating their "card has been deactivated." This is a Scam!
Always remember, FAIRWINDS will never ask members to provide confidential information, such as debit or credit card numbers, PINs or Social Security numbers via email, text messages, direct mail or over the phone.
If you feel you are the victim of account fraud or identify theft, act immediately. This should help minimize the damage to your personal accounts and credit rating. Click here to learn more.
What are the 2013 IRA and HSA contribution limits?
Traditional and Roth IRA owners under age 50 may contribute up to $5,500 toward tax year 2013. A $1,000 catch up contribution may be added for Traditional and Roth IRA owners age 50 and over.
2013 SEP contribution limits have increased to a maximum of $51,000 or 25% of the employee's compensation, whichever is less.
HSA owners under age 55 with an individual HDHP (self coverage only) may contribute up to $3,250 toward tax year 2013. HSA owners under age 55 with a family HDHP may contribute up to $6,450 toward tax year 2013. A $1,000 catch up contribution may be added for HSA owners age 55 and over.
When will I receive my 2012 5498 form?
5498, 5498-SA, and 5498-ESA forms report IRA, HSA, and ESA contributions, rollovers, conversions, and fair market value (December 31st balance) information to the IRS and account owners. 5498 and 5498-SA forms are expected to be mailed by Saturday, May 18th.
Please contact Member Services at (407) 277-5045 or visit your local branch if you have questions about your form(s).
How can I make a prior year (2012) contribution to my IRA or HSA?
Eligible prior year (2012) IRA and HSA contributions may be made through the close of business on Monday, April 15th. The IRS requires signed documentation before contributions may be designated for a prior year.
Members can accomplish this by visiting a local branch during business hours or by submitting an e-Signed form through Retirement Central® and click Manage An Account on the left menu.